Rolling Meadows Dentists
At Riverwalk Dental the dentist is committed to providing excellence in dentistry, and stands out as a leading dentist in Rolling Meadows. The doctors use the latest in dentistry techniques to provide you with a beautiful and healthy smile. Additionally, the doctors believe strongly in education to prevent oral health problems before they occur, and makes sure to keep patients fully informed about their dental health. Read more about Rolling Meadows dentists below.
Prior to RiverWalk Dental, Dr. Blaibel learned the skills for treating children while practicing at Infant Welfare Society at Oak Park and the Boys and Girls Club in Chicago. While at both facilities, she provided dental services for under-served and under-privileged babies, children, and young adolescents.
- American Dental Association
- Illinois Student Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- International Association for Orthodontics
- American Women Dental Association
- Delta Dental Plan of Illinois Award in 2006
- Ambassador Program Scholarship in 2005 and 2006
- National Honor Society of Collegiate Scholars in 2001
- National Honor Society in Psychology in 2001
- Golden Key International Honor Society in 2000
- National Honor Society in Biology in 1999
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society in 1997
· New York University College of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology and ImplantDentistry. Postgraduate residency in periodontology and implant dentistry (2013- July 2016)
· Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, School of Dentistry, Doctor of Dental Surgery (2001-2008) -Overall GPA: 3.81
· Progressive Orthodontics (2014-2016): 2 years part-time program including 400 hours of orthodontic education
· Fellow, International Orthodontic Association (2016)
· Achievement Award, American Orthodontic Society (2016)
· Provisionalization techniques course (2016)
· IV sedation permit
· National Board Dental Exam Part I – Status: Pass
· National Board Dental Exam Part II – Status: Pass
· North East Regional Board of Dental Examiners (NERB)
· Illinois Dental licensure
· Postgraduate residency program, Periodontology and Implant dentistry, New York University College of Dentistry (2013- present)
· Blue stone research center, New York University College of Dentistry (2013- present)
· Private practice, Ghaem Dental Clinic, Iran (Aug 2008- Feb 2012)
· Work as a dentist in the army hospital, National Military Service, Iran (Feb 2009-Jun 2010)
· Dental Research Center, Mashhad Dental School, Iran (2006-2013)
· Avicenna ResearchInstitute, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Iran (2006-2013)
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
· Danesh-Sani SA. Maintaining Osseointegration: Understanding, preventing, and treating Risk Factors for Peri-implant Diseases. J Contemp Dent Pract2016;17(9):1-2.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Dennis Tarnow, Julie Yip, Reza Mojaver. The influence of cortical bone perforation on guided bone regeneration in humans. Int J Oral MaxillofacSurg, 2016[Epub ahead of print].
· Danesh-Sani SA, Engebretson SP, Janal M. Histomorphometric results of different grafting materials and effect of healing time on bone maturation after sinus floor augmentation: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Perio Res,2016[Epub ahead of print]
· Danesh-Sani SA, Loomer P, Wallace S. A comprehensive clinical review of maxillary sinus floor elevation: anatomy, techniques, biomaterials and complications. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg.2016 May 24. pii: S0266-4356(16)30088-2. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2016.05.008. [Epub ahead of print]
· Danesh-Sani SA, Movahed A, El Chaar E, Chan KC, Amintavakoli N. Radiographic evaluation of posterior superior alveolar artery and maxillary sinus lateral wall as related to the sinus augmentation procedure: a cone beam computerized tomography study. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res.2016 May 30. doi: 10.1111/cid.12426. [Epub ahead of print]
· Danesh-Sani SA.Peri-implant Diseases: What do We know and What do We need to know? J Contemp Dent Pract 2016;17(5):1-2.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Wallace SS, Movahed A, El Chaar E, Cho SC, Khouly I, Testori T. (2015). Histologic and histomorphometric assessment of bone formation in sinus augmentation using biphasic bone ceramic or autogenous bone: a randomized controlled clinical trial. Implant Dent.(in press).
· El Chaar E, Oshman S, Castanio A, Danesh-Sani SA, Fallah-abed P. A Technique for Management of Connective Tissue Grafting Over Prominent Roots. J Cosmetic Dent. (in press).
· Danesh-Sani SA, Sarafraz A, Chamani M, DerakhshandehH. Paranasal sinuses malignancies: a 12-year review of clinical characteristics. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. (in press).
· Danesh-Sani SA, Rahimdoost A, Soltani M, Ghiyasi M, Haghdoost N, Sabzali-Zanjankhah S. Clinical assessment of orofacial manifestations in 500 patients with multiple sclerosis.J Oral MaxillofacSurg2012;71(2):290-4.
· Danesh-Sani SH, Danesh-Sani SA, Zia R, Faghihi S. Incidence of craniofacial pain of cardiac origin: results from a prospective multicentre study. Aust Dent J 2012;57(3):355-8.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Shariati-Sarabi Z, Feiz MR. Comprehensive review of hyperbaric oxygen therapy: implications for the oral and maxillofacial surgery. J CraniofacSurg2012;23(5):483-91.
· Danesh-Sani SA.Clinical photography for the oral and maxillofacial surgery practice. Int J Head Neck Surg2012;3(2): 87-91.
· Makarem A, Lotfi N, Danesh-Sani SA, Nazifi S. Osteopetrosis: oral and maxillofacial manifestations. Int J Head Neck Surg2012;3(2):115-7.
· Eshghpour M, Danesh-Sani SA. Electromyographic Analysis of Masseter Muscle after Surgical Correction of Mandibular Prognathism. Int J Head and Neck Surg 2012;3(3):121-124.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Bavandi R, Esmaili M. Frontal sinus agenesis using computed tomography. J CraniofacSurg 2011;22(6):48-51.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Vahidi N, Khaleghi M, Foroozesh J. Preliminary data on mesenchymal characteristics of stem cells obtained from human dental pulp and dental follicle of wisdom teeth. Int J Contemp Dent 2011;2(6):89-94.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Esmaili M. Effect of 10% sodium ascorbate hydrogel and delayed bonding on shear bond strength of composite resin and resin-modified glass ionomer to bleached enamel. J Conserv Dent 2011;14(3):241-46.
· Saghafi S, Zare-Mahmoodabadi R, Danesh-Sani SA, Mahmoodi P, Esmaili M. Oral pyogenic granuloma: a retrospective analysis of 151 cases in an Iranian population. Int J Oral MaxillofacPathol 2011;2(3):3-6.
· Eshghpoor M, Danesh-Sani SA, Mortazavi H, Esmaili M. Restricted mandibular movement associated with masseter muscle ossification in a patient with Fibrodysplasiaossificansprogressiva. Int J Dent Clin 2011;3(1):84-6.
· Danesh-Sani SA,Meshkat A,Esmaili M.Peno-gingival and oro-vaginal-vulvar lichen planus: report of three new cases. Int J Dent Clin 2010;2(3):68-72.
· Zarei M, Danesh-Sani SA, Jafarzadeh H.The effect of using different tapered master cones on apical seal of root-filled teeth. Indian J Dent Edu 2010;3(2):83-87.
MANUSCRIPTS UNDER REVIEW:
· Danesh-Sani SA, Engebretson SP, Janal M. Effect of bone graft type (cortical/cancellous) and particle size (small/large) on histomorphometric outcomes following maxillary sinus augmentation: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Perio.
MANUSCRIPTS IN PREPARATION
· Danesh-Sani SA et al; (2016). Crestal bone resorption in immediate and delayed implants: a radiographic study.
· Danesh-Sani SA et al; (2016). Soft tissue characteristics around non-submerged and submerged implants.
· Danesh-Sani SH, Habibi A, Danesh-Sani SA. Cardiovascular emergency care in dentistry. Mashhad: Ferdowsi University Publishing; 2011. ISBN 978-964-5944-92-4
· Danesh-Sani SA. Principles of scientific writing. Mashhad: Ferdowsi University Publishing; 2012. ISBN 978-600-6331-45-4
· Danesh-Sani SA. Maxillary sinus floor elevation: Surgical anatomy and histomorphometric analysis of grafting materials. Jay S. Seibert Tri-School Symposium, April 2016, University of Pennsylvania, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SA. Maxillary sinus floor elevation: Surgical anatomy and histomorphometric analysis of grafting materials. Metropolitan periodontal meeting, May 2016, Columbia Dental School, New York, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SA*, Najafi S. Comprehensive Periodontics/Prosthodontic Treatment Planning Seminar, May 2016, New York UniversityCollege of Dentistry, New York, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SA. Application of three-dimensional printing technology for alveolar ridge augmentation. November 2015, American Academy of Periodontology, Orlando, Florida.
· Danesh-Sani SA. Maxillary sinus floor elevation: anatomy, techniques, biomaterials, and complications. Metropolitan periodontal meeting, March 2015, Columbia Dental School, New York, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SA*. Maxillary sinus floor elevation: anatomy, techniques, biomaterials and complications. Periodontics and Implant Seminar series, February 2015, New York UniversityCollege of Dentistry, New York, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SA*, Najafi S. Comprehensive Periodontics/Prosthodontic Treatment Planning Seminar, January 2015, New York UniversityCollege of Dentistry, New York, USA.
· Danesh-Sani SH, Danesh-Sani SA*, Zia R, Faghihi S. Incidence of craniofacial pain of cardiac origin: results from a prospective multicentre study. 6th annual meeting of the IADR Iranian division, December 2011.Abstract publication: J Dent Res 2011, Vol. 90, Supp. 1:#123. Presentation webcast available at http://iadr.confex.com/iadr/search.epl.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Wallace SS, Movahed A, Elchaar ES, Cho SC. Histologic and histomorphometric assessment of bone formation in sinus augmentation using biphasic bone ceramic or autogenous bone: a randomized controlled clinical trial. November 2015, American Academy of Periodontology, Orlando, Florida.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Movahed A, ElChaar E, Chan KC, Amintavakoli N. Radiographic evaluation of posterior superior alveolar artery and maxillary sinus lateral wall as related to the sinus augmentation procedure: a cone beam computerized tomography study. November 2015, American Academy of Periodontology, Orlando, Florida.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Oshman S, El Chaar E, Fallah-abed P. A Technique for Management of Connective Tissue Grafting Over Prominent Roots. November 2015, American Academy of Periodontology, Orlando, Florida.
· Danesh-Sani SA, Elchaar ES. Three-dimensional printingof onlay grafts for bone tissue engineering. Clinical and Educational Scholarship Showcase, NYUCD Academy of Distinguished Educators, April 2015, New York, USA
· Danesh-Sani SA, Elchaar ES. Yoo J, Elgaddari F. Alveolar ridge augmentation with titanium mesh: case series. Student research day, New York UniversityCollege of Dentistry, April 2015,New York, USA
· Makarem A, Lotfi N, Danesh-Sani SA, Nazifi S. Osteopetrosis: a comprehensive report of a rare case. 23th Congress of the International Association of Pediatric Dentistry, Greek, June 2011. Abstract publication: Int J Pediat Dent 2011, Vol. 21 supp. 1:#189. Presentation webcast available athttp://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ipd.2011.21.issue-s1/issuetoc.
PROFESSIONAL/COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP & SERVICE
· "Ghaem" dental clinic manager. Provided a wide range of dental procedures and managed a group included: an orthodontist, an oral surgeon, a dental hygienist and 2 dental assistants. (Aug 2008- Feb 2012)
· Head, Website committee, Dental Research Center, Mashhad Dental School. The website committee is responsible for managing and maintaining the Dental Research Center website. The scope of thisresponsibility includes but is not limited toappearance, publication of content in English and Persian languages, layout, and construction/maintenance. (Dec 2010-Dec 2011)
· Scientific writing group coordinator. Organized team of 10 dental professionals to review theses and scientific manuscripts. (Aug 2010-Sep 2011)
· Chair of dental health committee at "Army 77" health care organization. Organized and published pamphlets to teach soldiers how to improve their oral hygiene and prevent periodontal diseases. (Apr 2009-Feb 2010)
· Volunteer working at "Fayaz Bakhsh" community dental clinic. Provided dental services to underserved people referred by charity foundations. (May-Nov 2008)
· Co-chairman for community dentistry school visit. Organized and participated in oral screenings and oral hygiene education at five high schools. (Jan 2008)
· Teaching assistant, New York University College of Dentistry, Predoctoral Dental Clinic. Supervising D3 and D4 dental students during their periodontics rotations. (Jan –march 2014)
· Teaching assistant, New York University College of Dentistry, Predoctoral Periodontics Simulation Lab. Supervising D2 dental students during their periodontics simulation lab. (2013-2016)
· Teaching assistant, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Mashhad Dental School. Anatomic landmarks and local anesthetic techniques course for first year dental students. (Jun 2011)
· Essentials of clinical photography. Reviewed dental photography concepts and tips for 4th year dental students. (Feb-Mar 2011)
· Scientific writing tutor, Mashhad Dental School. A comprehensive course in scientific writing for dental and medical students. (Oct-Nov 2010)
· Oral hygiene mini-course, Mashhad Army 77. Provided classes covering fundamental topics in oral hygiene for army nurses. (May-Jun 2009)
· Winner of first prize. Clinical Scholarship Showcase, NYUCD Academy of Distinguished Educators, April 2015, New York, USA.
· The exemplary dental researcher, Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Iran (2012)
· The best young researcher, 17thRazi Research Festival on Medical Sciences, Iran (2012) (This festival is the most prestigious medical research festival in Iran)
· Awarded as a member of the Elites National Foundation, Iran (2012) (The main purpose of the foundation is to recognize, organize and support Iran's national talents)
· Best clinical research award for "frontal sinus agenesis using computed tomography", Mashhad Dental School. (2011)
Reviewer/ Editorial member:
· Journal of Periodontology
· Clinical Advances in Periodontics
· International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry
· Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery
· Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
· Journal of Maxillofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
· Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry
· Stomatological Disease and Science
· 3D Printing in Medicine
· BMC Oral Health
· Dental Traumatology
· Journal of Gerodontology
· Dental research Journal
· DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology
· Journal of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research
· Indian Journal of Oral Science
· International Journal of Diagnostic Imaging
· Dentistry Journal
· Journal of Applied Oral Sciences
· Journal of Research in Dental Sciences
· International Journal of Stomatological Research
· Journal of Public Health Dentistry
· Indian Journal of Oral Science
· Journal of Dentistry Indonesia
· Cumhuriyet Dental Journal
· International Journal of Experimental Dental Science
· Journal of Dentistry & Oral Disorders
· American Academy of Periodontology (2013- present)
· American Orthodontics Society (2013- present)
· International Association for Dental Research (IADR) (2010-present)
· Iranian Dental Association (2008-present)
· Islamic Republic Of Iran Medical Council (2008-present)
· Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
· Basic concepts of Information Technology and Internet
· Adobe Photoshop
· Cubase (Music Software)
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Persian
2013-2016 University of Illinois at Chicago Graduate Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics
Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics
2013-2016 University of Illinois at Chicago Graduate College
Master of Science, Oral Sciences
2009-2013 Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
Doctor of Dental Medicine
2005-2009 University of Toronto
Honours Bachelor of Sciences - Human Biology, Physiology and South Asian Studies
School and Community Involvement
2012 Student Doctor Volunteer, HealthCare International Reachout, Inc.
Outreach to Jamaica to provide care to impoverished school-children and adults.
2010-2013 Student Doctor Volunteer, Free Medical Clinic of Greater Cleveland
Help in providing care to those who lack access to dental & health insurance, are unemployed or lack appropriate alternatives for acquiring dental care.
2009-2013 Student Doctor Volunteer, Healthy Smiles Sealant Program
Perform dental exams & place sealants on school-children in under-served areas of Cleveland.
2008-2009 Community Outreach Volunteer, Toronto Dollar
Volunteer for non-profit community improvement organization and charity.
Scholarships & Awards
2016 Charley Schultz Resident Scholar Award, American Association of Orthodontists Annual Session, Orlando, FL.
2013 Dean’s List, Case Western Reserve University
Awarded to the top 6 academically accomplished students from a class of 70.
2009 High Distinction, University of Toronto
Awarded to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or above at graduation.
2005-2009 Dean's List, University of Toronto
Awarded to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher.
2005-2006 Queen Elizabeth II Aiming For the Top Scholarship, Province of Ontario
Awarded to students who have shown academic excellence.
2005 Governor Generals Academic Medal, Governor General of Canada
Awarded for outstanding scholastic achievement.
2011-2013 Program Leader, Student National Dental Association
Involved in university chapter of organization that seeks to promote, support, and encourage a promising academic environment for minority dental students.
2007-2009 Vice President, University of Toronto Pre-Dental Society
Organization that assists students seeking to gain admission to dental school.
2007-2009 Vice President of Academic Affairs, SASSA
South Asian Studies Student Association at the University of Toronto.
American Association of Orthodontists Illinois Society of Orthodontists Chicago Dental Society
American Dental Association Interests and Hobbies
Indian Classical Vocal/Instrumental Music: Performed at cultural events.
Painting, Drawing, Sketching: Lifelong passion for artistic expression.
Flâneur/Urban Explorer: I love getting to know urban areas & communities.